First of all – if you were hanging in the Enchanted Forest on race night – did you see that meteor explode over 24 Hr land around midnight? Even the Lt Col was shocked and said “that must’ve been an alien spacecraft exploding on final approach“
yes it does:
The Curse of the Pink Futon continues. Yes it does. That damn pink futon has got to go. And if doesn’t, then I won’t be racing anytime soon. Either I race old school style – one bike, one chair, one cooler – or I’ll just become the phat dude that anchors down the futon. No Joke, Jokester. That damn pink futon has turned races into vacations – and I can’t race if my mind thinks I’m on vacation. Then again, when did I ever race?
the pink futon and the BPR living room at 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo
If you hang with the BPR crew – you may or may not earn an award. The ‘check’ is in the mail
- Nick and Tracy… Bad Mother F*@ker award: Not only did the coed duo champions put up with Ludacracy at The BPR pit, they crushed it with 18 laps. Bet they stay far far away from BPR Ludacracy next year. Bet I hang and their pit – as I can’t handle the BPR Ludacracy anymore.
- The Padre… Last of the Great Long Distance Drivers award: in order to PROVE to the world that the BPR OIs cannot be challenge and just aren’t guidelines – the Padre towed TeddNeck’s camper and returned to pick it up. Because paragraph 6.3 in the BPR Operating Instructions states “Although The Judd has a requirement for a well furnished campsite, to include a high wind awning and some sort of camper, he does not know how, nor does he want to learn how, to tow a trailer. All race trips will require someone to tow a camper or two. The Yukon may be used for towing, if the driver provides the appropriate hitch, but The Judd will not drive one mile “
- Maybell and Marshall… Dirty Dog Tag Team award: the brother sister combo earned this award, in a big way. Plus, we’ll need to ban Jacob from the pit – as he sent the dirty dogs through the roof, every hour on the hour. TeddNeck’s even considering a debark-ing procedure for the two once quite dogs.
- Drew… Rookie of Ludacracy award: pounded out a personal best of 7 laps. Personal best, rookie, funny. We forgot to tell Drew that once you go horizontal, you stay horizontal til the sun rises.
- The Lt Col… I’m a Gimp but I can still turn the Cranks award: The Lt Col talked a tough game then put down 6 laps. A conservative rehab program isn’t necessarily supported by 24 hrs on a single speed, but the Lt Col made it happen. The Lt Col could also get ‘Trooper of the Year’ award. But the year ain’t over yet. Get it.
- John, aka Mr Kentucky… I don’t need no Stinkin’ Lights for a 24 Hour Race award: Another rookie had a joyous time while surviving 5 Laps. BTW, Tim #2, does Kentucky have a basketball team? (Inside late night trailside joke.)
- TeddNeck and Family… Just a Weekend Cruise with the Family – SS Style award: 4 laps on enchanted land, 2 laps on the big kid course.
- Rick the Wine Drinker…. Let Me Get You Another Beer, How About Some Wine for the Ladies award: that’s right. Rick delivered the goods for most of the race weekend. I guess it’s a good thing that some dudes drink wine, brew wine (wine is brewed, right?) sell wine, give away wine, etc., because The Ladies are much easier to deal with when they are pounding the wine.
- The Judd… I’m on Vacation, I’ll Race Next Year, Unless I Don’t award: That’s right, until the Pink Futon is ancient history, until the BPR atmosphere once again supports World Championship quality efforts, this phat dude is in retirement.
what’s the reason?
- the heat will shut down any phat dude, a dude with a BMI around 30, because phat dudes get shut down by heat
- wanted to let The Lt col score a few extra points
- BPR’s pizza delivery man didn’t deliver the quality pizza required for a quality performance
- The Curse of the Pink Futon
- it’s hard to figure out how to race when you view the ‘race’ as a short vacation filled with fun, friends and crazy times
I’m just joking around. If you really want to know what contributed to the failure at 24HITEF – just give me a call. Yeah, I’ll answer the phone and give you all the details.
the shock of the century:
there were reports that The Lt Col, back in the early years of the 21st century, was Rockin’ the Speedo while stationed over in Korea. What the Hell! The dude leaves the country and thinks that he can get away with this type of behavior? It took us years to find out, but we always find out @ the back of the pack.
quote of the trip:
Lt Col: ‘Competitive’ is a gray area
conversation of the trip:
Ricky Bobby: I’m here to help you guys.
Lt Col: Well, Ricky Bobby, why don’t you have me get another beer.
Some dude gave us 2 free 6 packs of Ska beer! Does these mean we are on our way to a sponsorship? Yeah right. I didn’t meet the dude. But if I did I would’ve said “You work for Ska? Can you get us a team sponsorship? Pretty Please.”
I’m not gonna post the gps data, the course profile, the Google Earth stuff. Because no one cares! But, if you really do care then check out the race reviews from 2010 & 2011.
24HITEF – 2010 race review, search of the links.
24HITEF – 2011 race review, there is link to the data, I think
There ain’t no video this year and there ain’t many pics. That’s just the way it is.
let’s get back to the basics:
The 1st 6 months of 2012 have been one for the history books. Ok, I’m lying. The 1st 6 months of 2012 have not exactly gone as planned. Life has thrown us all for a loop or two or many. But I may have things figured out now – a revelation a few weeks ago. We will see if I can pull this off. Wanna help me? Wanna take over my mortgage so I can get a jump start?
Yeah, you take over my monstrous mortgage. I’ll give you all my equity in The Palatial Palace. Yeah, equity…. it’s 2012 and we all have equity in our homes and you can have mine – it may be negative though, just saying.
Anyway, I’m going for the red pill…
so back to the basics starts with the heavy stuff, the anger based tunes, the death metal, the demon music. And crank it up, dude. Piss off your neighbors. Or don’t.
no more hippie tunes….
this is how we rolled in the past, this is how we’ll roll in the future:
and a few Iinks – because of SME / copyright / inside controls / regulation…. the std bulls*^t