- Recovery Drink: us dudes, The Founding Fathers, were chillin’ on the Pink Futon and enjoying a few brews. Or more than a few. Then The Morale Chairman noticed a dude mixing an OFFICIAL recovery drink. The dude put down the recovery drink…. then proceeded to puke it all out. That’s when we all decided that a few brews, or more, provides the ULTIMATE RECOVERY. Seriously, when did you last puke after a couple of recovery brews?
- 3AM Demons: I often talk about the 3AM and 4AM demons that lurk at 24 hour races. Well, at the Zuni 100, I was attacked by real life (?) demons at 3AM – while ‘sleeping’ in the Demon Shed. No Joke, Jokester. Just ask The Morale Chairman. He beat the demons off this Phat Dude. And yes, this happened once before. Memorial Day, 1995, I was on a canoe trip in northern Michigan. I fell asleep wearing a Danzig t-shirt. And of course, the t-shirt had crazy demonic script – Danzig style – on the back. Next thing I know, I was attacked by demons at 3AM. Again, no joke jokester. The Lesson Learned: be ready for battle, even at 3AM.
- The Feast of All Feasts: if you’ve never been to the Zuni Mtn 100 and the Feast of all Feast put on by the Gallup Dudes and Dudettes… then you gotta go. That’s all I’m saying. THE GREATEST post race party filled with food, booze, bands and LUDACRACY. The ‘race’ fills up fast, so sign up in early 2013. http://nmes.wordpress.com/events/zuni-mountain-100/
- The non Alcohol Home Brew Competition: there was a weird twist in the 2012 Gallup Home Brew competition at the Zuni Mtn 100. We didn’t see anyone puke, no one got really stupid, and everyone was chipper in the AM. I wonder if I cracked the secret… I’m thinking the home brew competition was really an ALCOHOL FREE event. Seriously.
- Old Man Ludacracy: many ‘serious’ people think we just ‘f’ around at the Back of the Pack. Well, not this time. On Race Night we were out… at 9PM. The Lt Col led the charge to the sleeping bags. Something about ‘I was working til 4AM this morning’. (Whatever, like The Lt Col works. He just flies alien spacecraft… one a month. Go to 1:56 in the attached video / link.) Then after the race we were horizontal at 8:30AM. Seriously. Some times enough is enough. Especially when the FREE BEER seems to be ALCOHOL FREE. Wait a second. 8:30PM bedtime? Free Beer? Alcohol Free. Something doesn’t add up.
- The Lt Col: Has The TeddNeck stood up once this ride?
- The TeddNeck: Has the Lt Col sat down once this ride?
Confused? Well, roll at the Back of the Pack next time and you’ll laugh just like me.
The Summary of the Summary:
The blogging, The B.P.R. Historian documenting the Alternate Reality, slowed WAY DOWN over the past few months. There is always a rational reason. I started a new job, then I quit a new job. So now I’m back to the old job…. psuedo retirement thanks to all the taxpayers in the great USA. Yep, life is back to normal. And once my phatness is dealt with appropriately, via massive miles on the sheep, then I’ll be ready to dominate the trails and the blog-o-sphere… at the front of the Back of the Pack, of course.
The Perfect Dale’s Pale Ale Advertisement?
The Founding Fathers pounding Dale’s… on the Pink Futon
A random dude stripping down to his ‘bikini’ briefs… and beyond
A random dude lounging with an IV in his arm. NO S*^T… seriously!
And The Judd with a Camera
This may be my last video production. I’m getting bored with boring you. Well, maybe we will start filming some wicked AERIALS @ the Back of the Pack.
this is how The Founding Fathers hang.. when no adult supervision is around
just a view of New Mexico – of a New Mexican doing New Mexican things
the Demon Shed… because the ‘old dudes’ got cold
the start… before the finish
turning the cranks…. standing or sitting…. it all works
just a break… not much going on at the Back of the Pack
time to head back to REALITY
just another pic of Sir Phatness
for some reason…. I just wanna be an engineer… on a train