Well, I made up my mind last night, then I changed it, then I changed it again, then I made my final decision on my way to work today. I’m in – I’m headed to the 24 Hours of Moab.
I questioned my decision to race when The TeddNeck informed me of his decision to stay home with the family. It was dark, it was cold, it was raining, I was tired, I said… SCREW IT! Then I woke up this AM and headed into work. I said…. SCREW IT! I’M GOING!
So, I based my decision on the following:
- Dudes that wanna go, can’t go. I can go, so I should go, therefore I will go!
- I need (want) to lose about 10lbs before I arrive in NZ. I must look my best for the hotties in the Southern Hemisphere.
- 24 Hours of Moab is the USA Cycling 24 Hour National Championships. The probability that I can pull out the victory in the Solo Singlespeed Category: 0.000735. Since 0.000735 is greater than 0. That’s 0.000735 > ZERO. I’m in!
- I need a good training ride prior to the Merida Whaka 100, Oct 17th in Rotorua, New Zealand.
- I’m sick of work – so I should go race.
- Uh, what else would I do? Write poetry?
- I need to work on my killer hair dew prior to NZ. Check out the picture below from the 2009 Moab experience.
|The Judd, The Look, The Motivation
And no, my hair is not red! It’s just really F’n dirty from the Moab dust.
|Some dudes call this a garage, I call it a mess!|
|A Sunrise in Albuquerque|