25 Hours of Frog Hollow was a great race and a great time for the Back of the Pack crew. The course was awesome, the event was well organized, the dudes & dudettes were all cool. Back of the Pack Racing will definitely return in 2011.
So, that’s that.
The Official Race Review:
Check out the Mountain Flyer article – written by our friend Brian Leddy
The Link, Dude!
Check out Brian’s photos, buy a few and send me a couple for my Christmas present.
The Link to My Christmas Present, my present from you!
I’m sure you will find us Back of the Pack racers. Moral Chairman: #158, The Judd: #159, The Lt Col: #160
And remember. The Judd defines the history. The Judd writes the history. So something positive will come out of this. It just depends on how I spin it, how I manipulate it. Maybe I’ll just forget about it and move on to the 2011 season.
The Ultimate Excuse, Just for Historical Purposes:
Ok, don’t pay attention to what I said above. I’m not going to let this issue die. So, let’s not forget about this.
The Judd finally went to the Dr 4 days after he (I) returned from the 25 Hours of Frog Hollow. Normal men don’t go to the doctor, at least normal men that live in the Wild Wild West. But enough is enough. So here is a summary of the conversation.
- The Judd: “Dr. I feel like crap. I’ve been coughing for 3 weeks. I hurt all over. But that’s not the primary problem. I’m really depressed, The Lt Col smoked me at the 25 Hours of Frog Hollow.
- Dr: “Oh man, let’s take a look.”
- The Judd: “Ok, but this better not take too long. I’m busy. I’ve got places to go and people to see.”
- Dr: “Dude! I mean, The Judd, you’ve got Bronchitis and an uncontrollable set of Bronco Spasms. Mere Mortals would be in intensive care right now.”
- The Judd: “That doesn’t do me any good. I can deal with the cough & the sinus infection but I can’t deal with The Lt Col.”
- Dr: “Well, I’ve heard of The Lt Col, but I don’t know The Lt Col. Either way, his ‘victory’ over you requires and asterisk. You’re lucky to be alive and The Lt Col is lucky that you are sick. Sick like a dog. If you were 1/2 way healthy, The Lt Col would have no chance!”
- The Judd: “Yeah, we all know that. Well, we all know that but The Lt Col won’t admit it.”
- Dr: “Yeah, The Lt Col’s a freak. Anyway, I should admit you to the local ICU but since you are The Judd I’ll give you these 6 pills. Take the pills with your favorite case of beer and you should be good to go in a day or two.”
The 200 Mile Barrier:
Anyway, once again the Lt Col didn’t smash through the 200 mile barrier. The 200 mile barrier is always a lofty goal, a goal that can only be ‘realistic’ after a long calorie filled night around the campfire. So, it’s safe to say that The Lt Col will never break through the 200 mile barrier. It’s also a safe bet that The Judd will bust through the 200 mile barrier at 24 Hrs of Old Pueblo. Wanna put some money on it?
- The Lt Col: “My Phil Wood Bottom Bracket may be busted, but I’ll still eat burritos and ride” award, 13 laps -> 166.6 miles
- Alt award for the Lt Col: “I’ll check the real-time standings then decide how many laps I’ll ride” Award.
- The Morale Chairman: “I too busy, I’m too important, I’m too cool to train… But I’ll race” award, 9 laps -> 115.4 miles
- The Judd: “Who’s The Judd? That horizontal dude coughing up a lung and crying for his mommy” award, 7 very fast laps but only 90.3 miles.
- Listen to your mother. Don’t give into peer pressure, don’t be bullied by the bullies.
- Don’t forget your water bottles at the pit. You’ll either have to run on empty or circle back. Both options suck
- If your battery falls off in the middle of the night, it may be wise to turn around and pick it up.
- If your seal on you bottom bracket breaks off – no big deal, just walk all the hills.
- Don’t show up to the race with dead batteries, The Judd’s not always around to save the day – or night.
- If they are throwing out goodies at the awards party, move to the front of the crowd.
- Carl’s Jr – if you are cooking meth in the ‘toilet’ then lock the door. Be smart about it, dude!
- If Prob-eee won’t race… will he cook?
- If Prob-eee would rather hike then ride… will he hike in Utah and keep the fire going and burritos warm at night?
- The Madre for cooking up awesome gringo breakfast burritos – yes, green chili was included.
- The Padre for huntin’ down the easy up in the middle of the night prior to the departure.
Here is the video, dudes and dudettes. The music is by the Black Owls, a bitchin’ band based in Ohio. The lead singer / drummer is Dave, a dude that was part of the hooligans that I hung out with at the Copper Donkey in New Zealand. Dave is a killer dude; Black Owls is a killer band. Yeah, I like to name drop. I know a whole bunch of ‘celebrities’. (But do the celebrities no me? Of course not.)
For all the pics Dude, click this link!
If you’re not having fun: pack it in and save yourself for another day.