What can I say? The Hustorian is all about honesty. The Hustorian is all about documenting history.
Today Prob-eee and I went out for a ride. I took an easy 12 mile cruise on the sheep, a cruise from The Pad to the Cedro trails. THEN I met up with Prob-eee. THEN I spend 2 hours on the trail thinking about how to RIP Prob-eee in the blog-o-sphere. THEN it happened… I needed some help from Prob-eee. And Prob-eee delivered. Damn. Time to be nice to Prob-eee.
Ok. The Basics. The Background. The Judd, The Hustorian DOES NOT usually ride in a group. A dude at the Back of the Pack is an expert at riding alone. Yeah. If there is a killer XC ride (that’s Cross Country for the rookies in the B.P.R. Fan Club) I’m cool with a riding group. But a simple 20 mile ride? Leave me alone. I train best at my pace – not your pace.
BUT there are a few times when I bend the rules.
- If The Lt Col wants to ride, I’m there. Why? Because. I have a million questions about the military honor code, the rules of ‘saluting’ and insanely probing (not Prob-eee) questions about aircraft and pilot S*^T. I want to know. Therefore I will hang with The Lt Col. Oh Yeah. The Lt Col is a B.P.R. Founding Father and the Elder Statesman. Enough said.
- I try to blow off Prob-eee. I really try. But every now and then I must lend a hand, I must do what I can to pull Prob-eee off his yoga mat and onto his wicked Black Sheep. Yeah, Prob-eee doesn’t want to leave his comfort zone. He would rather practice his naked yoga moves than ride his Black Sheep. I know, I know. The dude is weird.
- Foxy Mama! Damn. If a Foxy Mama wants to ride, ride with The Judd. It’ll happen. End of story.
- The cute purse Prob-eee strapped to his handlebars
- The custom made, cute fanny pack that Prob-eee sports. Custom made with custom embroidery that says ‘Ride with Prob-eee, Love with Prob-eee’
- The cute leg and arm warmers that Prob-eee soaks in lotion and wears not for ‘warmth’ but simply to protect his delicate skin in the harsh New Mexico environment.
The Way It Is:
So. Prob-eee not only saved the day – saved The Judd from a 7 mile walk. BUT Prob-eee finally decided to PAY UP. (Like PAY UP SUCKER) – . Yep, Prob-eee owed The Judd lunch plus interest for the last two months. So Lunch + Interest = Lunch + Beer at Backside Ale House. And Prob-eee paid up – Sucker!
Better yet. Prob-eee offered up a ride up to Backside Ale House. It’s an easy 7 mile ride from the trail – but why waste valuable time riding the asphalt – especially when Prob-eee is offering up a ride.
AND, as always, the Foxy Mamas at Backside Ale House provided killer food and some good conversation. Why else would we (I) hang out at such a place? What’s better than a medium rare cheeseburger prepared by a hottie wearing a Rancid t-shirt. Simply AWESOME!