2011 is a year of ultimate challenges and ultimate adventures. The adventure of Bikepacking The Colorado Trail produced a high altitude Colorado addiction that won’t be cured for some time, if ever. The South Pole adventure is something that I’ll probably never do again – but will never forget. It’s hard to say which adventure will impact my life and views of the world more – then again it really doesn’t matter. Pure isolation at the top of the Rockies or the bottom of the world, just an amazing set of experiences. Yes I am one fortunate dude. I’ve been in the right place at the right time for most of my life. It’s not necessarily about LUCK… but. AND I do realize that most people in this world will never have the time & funds & support to do what I have done – yep, one fortunate dude I am.
- If a dude gives you the ‘hook’ handshake – RUN!
- Unless you want to explore the Alternative Lifestyle.
- Yes, sunglasses at 1AM!
- Just because it looks like all the pictures & video are taken at straight up noon – don’t believe it. Most of the flights were in the middle of the night. Most of the pics and movies were taken between 1AM and 4AM.
- Don’t get crazy with critiquing my grammar. I know it’s Transantarctic Mountains. But I seem to use Trans Antarctic, TransAntarctic and Transantarctic. And I don’t feel like reprocessing all the video just to be consistent – just so you don’t get confused.
- Some of the videos show less than stable camera control. Go easy on me. It’s hard to hold the video camera still when a) it’s really cold and windy, b) flying through turbulence. That’s just the way it is.
The South Pole Run:
Antarctica – South Pole from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
Just pics and videos of a South Pole run
The South Pole Tour:
Antarctica – South Pole Station HD from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
A quick trip around the world – at the South Pole and Amundson – Scott South Pole Station
A Tour of McMurdo Station:
Antarctica – McMurdo Tour from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
Just cruising around McMurdo Station, Antarctica
The Crazy Weather at McMurdo Station:
Antarctica – The Weather from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
Condition ‘2’ at McMurdo – Condition 1 at all other nearby places
Spending time above the Transantarctic Mountains:
Antarctica – Great Traverse & Graves from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
Check out the vehicles on the Great Traverse and flying around the Transantarctic Mtns
The Fosdick Mountains:
Antarctica – Fosdick from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
videos of the terrain around Fosdick Antarctica
The Fosdick Mountains – Again:
Antarctica – Fosdick Trip 2 from Judd Rohwer on Vimeo.
Flying around Fosdick – Antarctica