So I took Los Compadres out for a phatpacking experience – without the phatpacks. Yep, just a day trip… a short 10 miles of phatpacking with 4224 ft of vertical. Not bad, except we left the singlespeed machines at home. Rules are Rules. Laws are Laws.
yeah, I screwed with every POSSIBLE knob when editing this pic
JUST wait – I’m gonna generate some B.P.R. algorithms for image enhancement!
So why phatpacking?
- there are a few places in this world where singlespeeds are banned. No joke, jokester.
- and I WILL travel every single inch of the Colorado Trail in 2012…
- so phatpacking is a must – there are wilderness sections. Dude, Dudette.
- I usually travel solo, but gas prices are high. So, Los Compadres were enlisted to help fund the adventures.
- seriously, this is a big change in my Mode of Operation. I don’t talk on the phone, I rarely answer emails, I hate to text (but will) and I have no interest in making small talk.
- BUT, with gas at 3.76 / gallon… gotta make some friends.
- if you wanna be a Los Compadre… let me know.
Just to be CLEAR:
- hiking is not a sport
- backpacking is not a sport
- talking about hiking and backpacking is not a sport
- if you’re heart rate is below 140 bpm, you are no better off than your cousin that’s sitting on the couch and drinking Budweiser. AND your cousin is probably playing a banjo…
- the B.P.R. Founding Fathers do not condone or support: hiking, backpacking and drinking Budweiser. But it’d be cool to play a banjo.
- IF The Lt Col AND The Morale Chairman knew what I’ve been doing…. they’d call a special session of the B.P.R. Supreme Council, throw me out and promote Mad Rhino to Founding Father status.
- remember, I AM: The Founder, The Leader, The Hustorian, The Philosophizer… BUT I can be stripped of all the titles by one quick vote. Dude, Dudette.
- but I’m safe. The Lt Col and The Morale Chairman don’t check out this B.P.R. blog anymore – it’s all ancient history AND they are responsible family men.
Some more comments:
- there is no such thing as ‘it’s a beautiful day for a hike’
- there is no such thing as ‘an awesome hike’
- there is no such thing as ‘a fun hike’
- there is no such thing as ‘a great hike’
- AND you should never say “I can’t wait to go on that hike”
- it’s all about phatpacking – it’s all about doing what you gotta do to see that sites that you want to see.
- we, the dudes at the Back of the Pack, are single speed fanatics. And that’s it. All the rest is just filler.
- a few of us are heading to Chaco in a few days. One last ‘training’ trip for the Los Compadres before we hit the Colorado Trail in < 3 weeks.
- BUT REALLY… I’m gonna scope out the site for the B.P.R. End Of The World Party – Dec 21 2012. And I’m not joking!
The Data – As You EXPECTED:
The Trail Up: The Tram Down
The Trail Up: The Profile
The Medallion Trees: Check this OUT & Research IT!
Elizabeth I Birth Tree: Germinated 1533
Theory of Gravitation Tree: Germinated 1684
just a pic
Los Compadres: Farmer Lore, aka Rancher Lore and Prob-eee
I could say… The Los Compadres… but that would be bad English. get it!
phatpacking – no phatpack BUT fat style, obviously
some trees and the trail
just another pic
non naked yoga by the naked yoga hippie… Prob-eee
a long way down – looking west
rocks & snow
snow & dirt
looking west, again
phatpacking at 10,000 ft, fat style
what are you looking at? my gut?
taking the Sandia Peak Tram DOWN!
One thought on “phatpacking without the phatpack”
Ive done that hike! good stuff, and a long day