So I took Los Compadres out for a phatpacking experience – without the phatpacks. Yep, just a day trip… a short 10 miles of phatpacking with 4224 ft of vertical. Not bad, except we left the singlespeed machines at home. Rules are Rules. Laws are Laws.
- there are a few places in this world where singlespeeds are banned. No joke, jokester.
- and I WILL travel every single inch of the Colorado Trail in 2012…
- so phatpacking is a must – there are wilderness sections. Dude, Dudette.
- I usually travel solo, but gas prices are high. So, Los Compadres were enlisted to help fund the adventures.
- seriously, this is a big change in my Mode of Operation. I don’t talk on the phone, I rarely answer emails, I hate to text (but will) and I have no interest in making small talk.
- BUT, with gas at 3.76 / gallon… gotta make some friends.
- if you wanna be a Los Compadre… let me know.
Just to be CLEAR:
- hiking is not a sport
- backpacking is not a sport
- talking about hiking and backpacking is not a sport
- if you’re heart rate is below 140 bpm, you are no better off than your cousin that’s sitting on the couch and drinking Budweiser. AND your cousin is probably playing a banjo…
- the B.P.R. Founding Fathers do not condone or support: hiking, backpacking and drinking Budweiser. But it’d be cool to play a banjo.
- IF The Lt Col AND The Morale Chairman knew what I’ve been doing…. they’d call a special session of the B.P.R. Supreme Council, throw me out and promote Mad Rhino to Founding Father status.
- remember, I AM: The Founder, The Leader, The Hustorian, The Philosophizer… BUT I can be stripped of all the titles by one quick vote. Dude, Dudette.
- but I’m safe. The Lt Col and The Morale Chairman don’t check out this B.P.R. blog anymore – it’s all ancient history AND they are responsible family men.
- there is no such thing as ‘it’s a beautiful day for a hike’
- there is no such thing as ‘an awesome hike’
- there is no such thing as ‘a fun hike’
- there is no such thing as ‘a great hike’
- AND you should never say “I can’t wait to go on that hike”
- it’s all about phatpacking – it’s all about doing what you gotta do to see that sites that you want to see.
- we, the dudes at the Back of the Pack, are single speed fanatics. And that’s it. All the rest is just filler.
- a few of us are heading to Chaco in a few days. One last ‘training’ trip for the Los Compadres before we hit the Colorado Trail in < 3 weeks.
- BUT REALLY… I’m gonna scope out the site for the B.P.R. End Of The World Party – Dec 21 2012. And I’m not joking!