Someone said that yesterday, December 7th, was Global FatBike day. Well, we aren’t rookies when it comes to Global FatBike Days. But the weather this year forced a local transformation from The Global FatBike movement into a local SnowBike adventure. So the SS machines were transformed from PHAT asphalt friendly rides to full blown SS snow machines. Because SnowBiking requires SnowBikes not FatBikes. Obviously.
Yep, the Global Day was just another day on the bikes, for a few of us that roll at the Back of the Pack. Chaos and Ludacracy dominated a simple cold snowy ride. Why would it be any different? But I won’t bore you with the endless ‘1s’ and ‘0s’. I won’t riddle The Ether with standard Back of the Pack psycho babble, this time. I’ll just throw out some pics and some lessons learned. Because we are all about pictures and lessons. But remember, a Lesson isn’t a Lesson until it is Learned. Get it? Just Say’n.
A few pictures:
- Riding is the Snow is a blast. Well, the heart rate tends to be pegged at 190, but SnowBiking is fun. Riding in 4″ of frozen slush is brutal. I think. My memory fails me from time to time.
- Big Fat Larry’s SUCK in the snow. But I want to save my 45North Escalators for The Arrowhead 135. So I’ll stick with The Suck.
- When it is Cold & Dark and you are plowing through 8″ of snow, layered over wicked jeep ruts, you’ll eat shit like every 50 feet. It’s a Cold n Dark thing, probably amplified by 6 hours at the bars.
- Your Wife (The Morale Chairman’s) takes the 12 year old daughter out for lunch. AND the waitress thinks the 12 year old is 21.
- YEP. Not even a teenager and mistaken for 21. SUCKS to be The Morale Chairman.