So… let it be known… I hate walking AND I hate hiking. Because, well, just because… people walk through WalMart. Yeah, people are known to HIKE through WalMart. Hell, people even BackPack in CostCo. No joke, jokester.
So… I hate everything that people do in WalMart, like Hike.
BUT then there is The Colorado Trail. And there are a few miles, like 150 miles, that are off limits to bikers. (Yeah, it’s the Wilderness Area thing.) Therefore I’m forced into walking mode, hiking mode, backpacking mode. Because my Black Sheep Single Speed ain’t welcome in these areas. So it goes. So it is.
And although walking & hiking are STOOPID. Cruise’n through Colorado ON The ColoRADo Trail ain’t so STOOPID. That is the truth, dude.
it includes high, but not so high, high altitude booze!
Then, just as you think I am STOOPID, let it be known that I’m just screw’n with you.
I’m just a ColoRADo freak. And I do anything and everything to get back to my home state. And cruise’n the big bad high altitude trails is what I live for.
That’s right, even though I am…
- Afraid of the dark
- Afraid of monsters
- Afraid of man eating saber-tooth’d cats
- Afraid of man squashing woolly mammoths
- Afraid of Amazon Chicks that want to eat all my food and make me SUFFER… with my head between my knees… if you know what I mean.
- IN BED with the ALIENS that are invading our Earth
And don’t forget to check out: http://singlespeeding-on-thecoloradotrail.com
So, I didn’t learn many lessons this trip. I just re-learned many known lessons. Does that make sense? Probably not for the Average Neophyte out there. But because you are curious, I’ll review the lessons RE-LEARNED
The Lessons RE-LEARNED:
- Moose are big
- High altitude lightning strikes are Thunderous
- Blisters Suck
- Chaffage can be avoided. Yep, Okole Suff works, if you use it. It f’n doesn’t work… if you don’t use it. Get it dude. Or get The Chaffage. Dude.
- You really really don’t need a 9mm & a Battle Axe & Throwing Knives & a shotgun… if you’re just cruise’n on the CT. Just think’n. Think’n OutLoud.
Next on the List:
- SSWC14… An Alaskan Adventure… To the Alaskan Bush Company
- CTR v2014... roll’n in reverse… cuz I’m STOOPID
Enough Lingo / GARBAGE ->The Pictures… because that’s what matters:
all alone… in paradise
And THE VIDEO: